Thursday, July 27, 2017

Pony Wall Update, First Coat of Paint

We eventually moved Freedom into the barn, to just make sure she didn't get rained on. This got me out of the sun and more able to work. 120° days is just soooo overwhelming! Any who, I was able to get the pony wall finished out by the front door and the hand rail reinstalled.



It's time to get the fridge more permanent but had to get the wall next to it done first! These are just like the cedar planks in the closet, except they're soft wood and longer. You can get this in whole sheets but I was not confident could cut it correctly on the curve. Having 3" wide pieces was much easier and faster to install. I used Loctite liquid nails and paneling nails to install it to the 2x4s. The top has the metal tracks so I used extra glue there and pressed it into the pieces from the other side. After caulking the top and letting it dry for 2 hours, it got it's first coat of green. LOVING the color!!


Happy RV'ing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Wall Update, First Coat of Paint

We eventually moved Freedom into the barn, to just make sure she didn't get rained on. This got me out of the sun and more able to work....